Friday, August 23, 2013

want

All the time, I hear folks talking about how they don't want to feel deprived. They want to be able to eat whatever they want. They want to eat NORMAL.

Um, you can.

But it's a matter of changing what you want. 

I WANT to be healthy. I WANT to feel good an hour after I eat a meal. I WANT to sleep well and wake up feeling like I can get through my day. So you know what I want for breakfast? Some gluten free granola with almond milk. And you know what I WANT for lunch? Turkey meatballs and broccoli. And you know what I WANT for a snack? A banana.

Because at the end of the day I WANT to eat to fuel. I WANT to sit down to a meal and feel good about it, start to finish, not just for those five seconds that one bite is in my mouth. 

If you want to feel deprived, you will. That's your choice. I eat how I eat (most of the time) and I don't feel deprived because I chose to not feel deprived. 

I've said it before and I'll say it till I die....if you need to treat your body poorly on a regular basis in order to be happy........something ain't right.

No comments:

Post a Comment